Today we installed an NVidia GPU graphics card for a customer with SLI.
Today we encountered a customer who rang us up about a problem he had with his recycling bin. He couldn't open it and every time he did it closed by itself. We searched the internet for solutions to this problem. We found … Continue Reading ››
One of the most popular questions is whether to get an Apple Mac or Windows based PC or laptop?
See the table below to allow you to choose which device best suits your needs.
Apple v Windows Comparison Table
|Cost||Generally more expensive for the same hardware specification||Costs are lower, but beware of poor quality low end machines.|
|Performance||Both the software and hardware is designed by Apple, the experience will be pleasant.||Because there are multiple manufacturers involved, you may find that the same or similar spec computer will not perform as well as an Apple Mac. This is natural but there is not a huge difference.|
|Software||The software will work in perfect harmony with the hardware because Apple design both. Unlikely to experience software incompatibility issues or spurious error messages.||Beware of malware, viruses and general junkware. Big manufacturers tend to install a lot of utilities and software which take up memory and processing power before you even start to use the device.
This is one major disadvantage of a windows based computer or laptop.
|Reliability||Much less prone to viruses and malware. Partially because Apple is in control of both software and hardware.|
Battery life on Macbooks also tend to be better.
|Extremely vulnerable to viruses, malware, scamware and the like. A windows PC must have anti virus software as well as regular anti malware checks.|
|Intercompatibility||Great if all your devices are made by Apple. With the latest introduction of Yosmite, you can write an e-mail on one device and finish off on another seamlessly.|
Poor if you have anything non-Apple. For example, you cannot use a standard micro USB charger for your iPhone without purchasing an adapter.
|Most hardware and software will always be designed to be compatible with the latest version of Windows. If you are a user who likes to install a lot of software and utilities, you will find guaranteed support.
Hardware devices also tend to use standard ports so need for additional adapters, for e.g. HDMI, Micro USB.
You can take it to school or the office and know you do not need adapters to connect to an external monitor.
|Choice||Apple's choice is limited. There is little flexibility in choosing colours, look, feel, style, screen size and specification. It is only as flexible as the products on offer.||Because hardware is manufactured by different suppliers, there is a huge variety of designs and specifications to choose from. Sometimes, this has the drawback of having needing to do more research for comparison purposes.|
My own view can be summarised as … Continue Reading ››
Customer says the PC fell flat on the floor and ever since then they get the following error message on boot up: Error message: USB device over current status detected System Will Shut Down After 15 Seconds … Continue Reading ››
A common question that any business owner will ask is:
Some questions to consider when choosing a solution:How can we restrict internet access?
- Do you want a complete ban on the internet, unless it's lunch time, for example? i.e. this would be a time based policy.
- Do you want certain sites to be accessible, but allow access to … Continue Reading ››
1. Wipe your hard drive with a professional tool that is certified for hard drive erasure. Tools such as Blancco are 100% certified to make your data irretrievable, whilst being able to reuse the same hard drive (hence being eco-friendly). 2. Physically take the hard drive out and smash it to smithereens. The main part of the … Continue Reading ››
- Processor/CPU - Look for Intel i3, i5, i7 . Depending on what you want to do, AMD processors might be better value for money. There are different generations of processor, so do some research. Avoid low powered / low voltage CPUs if you want out and out performance.
- Memory (RAM)- In general, the more RAM … Continue Reading ››
Just because your laptop or computer is running slow, doesn't mean it's time to get a new one! Ascertain why it is slow. If your PC or laptop is exhibiting any of the following problems, then it could be hardware related:
- Fan is noisy
- Computer switches off randomly
- You see frequently blue screens
- Laptop doesn't charge properly
- Your computer is making … Continue Reading ››
- Ensure you have accurate and relevant page titles on all your pages.
- Write useful content in the form of articles, videos, images. Be a content creator. Start your own blog.
- Ensure page names are "SEO Friendly". Use keywords such as yourdomain.com/contact-us
- Build links from trusted directories. Seek out authoritative links from your relevant industry sites.
- Sign up for Continue Reading ››